V6 mech timing belt tensioner-temps and how tight,gas prices

Greetings Alfisti!
    First,I've just spent my evening installing my timing belt on Alfie,my
138k Milano Gold.I have some questions regarding the timing belt
tensioner,though.
    I have the mechanical tensioner available from IAP,and I remember that
the weather needs to be within a certain ambient temperature range for the
tensioner to properly tension the belt.I'm wanting to say that this range is
69*f to 75* Fahrenheit.Am I correct? The temp dropped this evening well below
this range,and I'm doing this outside;so I basically took a outdoor
thermometer and my shop light,stuck the light beside the tensioner until it
read a nice 72* and sinched up the tensioner.I have rolled the car forward in
5th gear 4 times,and the cam marks are lined up perfectly, the distributor is
pointing squarely at number 1 cylinder and the crank timing mark is square on
the "P" mark.The belt is tight and each time I've moved the car the marks all
line up dead spot on.(Milanos are HEAVY when you push them by
yourself........) Any advice?Mr.DiMatteo, I would greatfully appreciate your
thoughts on this subject,Alfie isn't going to be put back together until I
know it's right..........
Thanks to all US Alfisti who have responded to my question concerning gas
prices in their area of the country,it would appear that there's been pretty
substantial price jumps .I find it interesting,and hope that our government
doesn't take this time to push for mass transit,electric cars and
"alternative" fuels.All of these programs have been tried and have pretty
much failed,thankfully.
Hoping Big Brother doesn't try to push us into mass transit,
Terry Akins
Alexandria,VA
sipping a quart of buttermilk and typing (Buttermilk, the drink of
champions-bring on the cornbread!)
1987 Milano Gold (Alfie)
1979 Alfetta Velocissima (Lazarus)
lots'o'rental cars/transportation appliances
wanting to rent Alfas,lobbying my company as we speak