Alfa's racing activities - Catching up on 20 something digests on the last few days

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 09:58:36 -0800 (PST)
> From: Neil Smith <neiltbag@domain.elided>
> Subject: RE: GM bashers, look more positive
>
> Like I said last week about BMW's current racing activities
> versus Alfa's, check out what GM is doing these days

I do not know ALL the series where Alfa is taking part, but the ones I
remember from last year where:
- - DTC   -German Touring Championship. They entered after the championship
had already started to test an Alfa 156 2.0TS.
- - ISRS   -They took part in the class 2 supplying the 3.0 V6 engines for
the Tampoli team and two more I believe. Also I remember that they won some
races. Giovanna Amati ex-Alfa F1 driver co-drives one of the Tampoli cars.
- - CIVT   -Italian championship of Touring Cars taking both the Constructors
and the Drivers titles (Fabrizio Giovanardi), already Italian Champion on
1998, and also on that occasion at the wheel of an Alfa 156.
- - GTV Cup   -this is a championship for just new GTV's.
- - Copa de Las Naciones (Campeonato Sudamericano de Turismo)   -They
finished 3rd last year testing the "new" 156, behind Peugeot's 406 and BMW.
They finished 2nd in 1997 and 1998 with the Alfa 155.
- - From the official Dutch Alfa Romeo website, I know that also race in some
championships over there.

Also do not forget that in 93 they won the DTM in Germany, and they were
top players in 94 and 95. As well in 94 they won the BTCC. I do not know
for sure but also they won some Italian Touring Car Championships with the
155.
Maybe some alfisti can add on the different events where Alfa is taking
part officially.

Cheers,

Stanley
Lima, Peru