Palo Alto collection

> > >Vaguely Alfa-related:
> > >Has anyone heard of a collector named Mozart in Palo Alto, CA?
> >
> > When I lived in Palo Alto a neighbor told me of a guy up in the hills
with
> > huge bunker garage filled with classic cars. Knowing the kind of money
> that
> > is down there I wouldn't doubt any story.

I know for sure there is a collector in the nearby Portola Valley hills who
thinks civilian vehicles are too mundane. He has a collection of over 100
tanks and other military vehicles. I was fortunate enough to tour his place
last year.

Some tidbits: 60,000 square feet of indoor space; a full-time staff devoted
to restorations; his recently-acquired trophies include a Scud missile
launcher and a US-made WW2 era tank with twin Cadillac V8 engines that he
just purchased from a Bosnian warlord. He has multiple examples of fully
operational and restored German and Soviet equipment. And, yes, he does take
them out back and play with them in the mud...no garage queens!

Be happy that our Alfa service manuals are not written only in
Serbo-Croatian and Russian!

Karl