Junkyard and almost-junkyard cars in San Jose area

(Cross-posted to Alfa Digest and I-Car Digest)

I took a brief tour of two San Jose area junkyards today and have a few
finds to report. (I've been getting off-line "thank yous" for these periodic
reports. Glad to help save some parts!)

(1) Pick your part on Trade Zone Blvd in Milpitas, CA

Alfetta 4 door sedan, 10-75 birthdate, well-picked over. If you need lights,
sheet metal or glass, you're in luck.

Half-price sale coming up on 25-Mar.

(2) Pick 'n Pull on Commercial Ave in San Jose, CA

Alfa Spider (5-74 birth date) and Alfa Sprint Veloce (10-78 birth date),
slightly more complete than the Alfetta at the other place. Some interior
parts and instruments are useable.

Half-price sale this weekend, 18-19 Mar

Also at this location, they sell a few complete cars at the front entrance
that are too good to scrap:

'78 Fiat Spider $1395.00, Very nice interior, older green paint, tacky fake
wire wheel hubcaps. Might easily be a $2000.00 car elsewhere with a little
cleaning.

'62 Renault Dauphine Gordini $995.00. Wacky little rear-engine circus car.
Runs good, all soft interior parts are sun-dried to a crispy crunch. Not
exactly Italian, but worth mentioning. French car owners (in the USA) must
be at least as masochistic as we are! (is there a French car group that
someone wants to cross-post this to?)

...on a sad note, the Sprint Veloce, which can't be bought whole and
resurrected by company policy, was apparently once for sale as a whole car,
as the windshield was still inscribed "runs good $995.00" just like the
Renault, even though it is now a partly picked-over corpse now. OH, THE
HUMANITY!

Karl