[none]

Dear Alfa Digest Group:

I'm a new Alfa owner and not very knowledgeable about Alfas mechanically
(although I've been a long admirer of the marque).

Anyway, my '86 Alfa Spider (L-jetronic) is burning oil and the
compressions show that I need a rebuild with piston ring work.
I have the 2.0L Spider engine overhaul manual, haven't yet taken the
head off.  Thinking of getting a refurbished head from Centerline with my
core.  Any advice about replacing piston rings, chains, etc. in the block?
What parts should I order? Chains, gaskets, any others? I don't know what
the liners look like.  Would new liner/piston set have to be honed?
Car has 100K, should I replace oil pump, etc.?

Appreciate any advice, wisdom.  Have enjoyed the discussion on the Digest,
and have noted the comments about replacing the head gasket.

Thanks, Chad

1986 Spider Veloce (smoking oil)
Hopefully someday a Duetto or Giulietta!