gas prices

Regarding gas prices- we would like to see gasoline priced at about
$2.00/gallon. It will put prices more inline with the rest of the world,
encourage conservation, provide much needed capital for the South American
oil producing nations that have been unable to pay their debts (not to
mention being unable to provide basic services for their citizens), and
drive a bunch of people off of the road who don't need to be driving around.
A bunch of rich, spoiled Americans crying because it costs too much to fill
up their gas guzzling SUV's and pickup trucks - it makes me sick. Congress
wants to repeal the federal gas tax - great idea until you hit the pothole
there is no money to fix.  How about a temporary gas subsidy for the poor
(under 20k income) so that they can get to work. Everyone else should pay,
and pay more.

Robert Clauss  AROC, ARA
BeckyCo@domain.elided
Mt. Prospect, IL  USA