Pirelli P4000s

Sorry for the delayed response; August (phantom@domain.elided) asked
for experiences with Pirelli P4000 tires.  I put them on my '86 Spider
(185-14, stock wheels) a few months ago, on the advice of a local tire/wheel
expert, and have been very pleased.  Have not driven on  snow this winter,
so have no comment on that, but in general the responsiveness and grip have
been great.  The skidpad instructor at the recent NWARC driving school
commented on their surprising grip, and certainly their behavior breaking
away at either end when finally provoked was progressive and relatively
controllable, even given my general lack of familiarity with being that
sideways!  And their responsiveness through the autocross course slalom
sections at the end of the school was highly rewarding.  More skilled
drivers than I would probably prefer more upmarket rubber, but I'd have to
say I think they're good value.  I did break them loose on the road once
(before the school) but I put that down to dumb provocation - flooring the
throttle through a tight, uphill adverse-camber corner in the rain... YMMV

Jon Inge
86 Spider Veloce "Arturo"
Edmonds WA