Alfa vs Corvette

Take a Corvette C5, and one of the following cars:
  Peugeot 205 GTi (or newer 206 GTi)
  Renault Clio Williams (or newer Clio Sport)
  Fiat Punto GT (or newer Punto HGT)
  Fiat Coupe` 2.0 20v Turbo
  Honda Integra Type-R
  Alfa Romeo GTV 2.0 V6 TB
  Alfasud 1.5 Ti (now there is an old timer)

Go to a TWISTY European road, like in the Alps of
Northern Italy.  Besides instances where power is
the limiting factor (going up steep grades).. those
cars would destroy a C5 (especially downhill), where
I would be scared to drive that large lumbering car
(3200 pounds, a Type-R is over 600 pounds lighter!).
Also these cars I mention are a fraction of the price,
and many times more fun).  Imagine powersliding the
Sud around the turns, where the C5 is fishtailing
(way to long a car).

This is REAL driving.. not autocross or ovals where
Corvettes and Neons are being spoken as like kings?!?!

Nothing against the Corvette, it is a HUGE improvement
(now that it looks like an NSX..hehe).  But, when they
claim on Chevy's site that it is "The only sports car
that matters".. hmm........

Plus, huge engines (5.7L) that only produce 340HP
(still not as inefficient as a Viper though..:),
still use 2valve/cylinder (please don't tell me
they are still push-rod) technology, have no VVT,
aren't exactly what I call amazing for $40,000.
I'll spend a bit more and take a Porsche Boxter S,
or save some and get an Audi S4 or Lotus Elise,
thank you very much.

Not a fan of the Mustang, Camaro, Firebird, Corvette,
whatever, club.  I find this type of brute-force,
heavy metal, design to be the anti-Alfa (or Peugeot,
Renault, Honda, for that matter).

I agree with the fellow from the UK (where they
sometimes have trouble making cars, but they indeed
really KNOW cars). :)

take care ^_^

Ryan
Saab 900 2.0 16v Turbo