Re: Rebaged alfas

> From: zamani zambri <zzambri@domain.elided>
>
> sure if the 145/146/155/156 share any semblance to any of it's FIAT/Lancia
> cousins besides the fact that they share the same floorpan and the modular
> block. But FIAT uses 5-cylinder blocks while Alfa uses 4. Fiat has no VIVT

Funny I just read an article about 145QV vs Bravo HGT, and yes both
have similar chassis, engine power, etc, even the look under
the hood looked somewhat similar. But the look can be deceiving.

They concluded that the 145QV while is a little dated for it's
interior and ergonimics, the car handles no different than a RWD until
pushed, then it act more like fwd. torgue steer practically non-esistant,
all the good comments to 145qv. As for the fiat counter part,
they commented on the bad torque steer, nerving behavior under brake,
bad steering feed back and all the good quality a sporting car should
hve thats missing in this car, however, favored the interir desgin
and ergonimics of the car.

Obviously, fiat counter part was a mass production consumer product, while
Alfa 145qv, while sharing the basic chassis, is complitely diffeent
animal all by itself, and a proper sporting car. And I call that a
proper Alfa.

Jess