Re: new softer gm alfas

I second Nizam's opinion.

Some like it old, some like it new, some consider old being pure and new
not real alfa. Please keep those feelings as everyone here have their
passions for alfa, being that new or old. Like Nizam says, things changes,
Alfa had to change to survive, use what they have and make the best out of
it. I am pretty tired of reading all these debate about RWD, FWD, real alfa,
fiat alfa, gm alfa, alfalfa, alpha. That don't matter, because no one's
changing no one else's opinion/passion.

> "Alfa Romeo" and the design and engineering SPIRIT of the car is
> still Alfa Romeo, i.e. high-performance engine and chasis, clothed
> in unique and timeless sheetmetal.

Ho ho ho, I think he hit the jackpot :) that's alfa romeo alright :)

> However, if all GM does is make Alfa put on softer springs and
> smaller sway bars I don't mind at all.  Most (lay)people like that;
> it will only increase overall sales and acceptance (this is good for
> Alfa).  On top of that, it opens up a market of Alfa aftermarket
> performance tuners which SPUR the market.  One of the

Good observation, I didn't think about that. Besides, a few of us
who's been time trialing, we've been de-shanklizing our car as we
learn more about driving and handling of cars. Here's the secret,
stock setup may seem soft, but engineers at alfa sure did their home
work. I hope one of the "add on" performance part will be the
euro stock setup :)

> had the sign up sheet for that AWD twin-turbo 24-valve 2.5V6 156
> GTA?  Pass it on back, I need to change the "quantity" part.

I want to put my name on the list too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jess <--- Don't mind have alfas one from each century :)
80's 75
90's 164
2K's 156 GTA ! :) :) :)

And when I have a big garage with attached house, I may just
add a 70's GTV, and not to be bounded by rules, a red SZ :)