Enough whining about GM and FIAT!

For US Alfisti, comparing the new Corvette to any ALFA is an exercise in
futility - it's apples and oranges.  Both are enjoyable to drive,
particularly at 8/10ths or better.  Be happy that you might have the
opportunity to test drive new Alfas and new Corvettes without investing in
an airline ticket and kwitcherbitchin'.

You all sound like a jilted lover who sees their former significant other
with someone else.  Get over it!  Alfa failed in the US because it couldn't
or wouldn't make a product that US buyers would buy.  GM (and Chrysler) very
nearly failed as well, for exactly the same reason.  Chrysler has learned,
GM is still learning - FIAT and Alfa both packed up and went home.  Two
years ago you all whined about the fact that the Alfa/FIAT representative at
Pebble Beach (0r wherever it was) commented at the show of hands in the
audience wasn't enough to bring back Alfa.  Now they're going to come back
and you're still whining.

I love my Alfa, but I'd love to buy a new one.  Maybe now I'll have the
chance.  Call me naive, but I see this as a positive development - does
anybody think that FIAT could have survived without some partner?  FIAT
didn't, and they should know!   If you don't think that the "new" Alfas are
"real" Alfas, don't buy one, don't go test drive one when they do come back.
That's your choice.  For me, I'm delighted that I'll have the chance to
decide.

Bill Bain
AROC Atlanta