Name and location required? (was Re: GM electrics)

"Rich Wagner" <drsavage@domain.elided> wrote:

>p.s.  Please include your name and location with your emails.  It's a
>courtesy we on the Digest agreed to follow a long time ago.

Huh?  I've been on the Digest for about four years now (at only slightly
above "lurker" status) and I don't recall having ever agreed to any such
thing, or seeing it discussed before now.  And noone has ever objected to my
failure to ID.

Did I miss something in the fine print somewhere?

  -joe