Re: GM electrics

Italiacars@domain.elided writes:

>The industry purchases more GM parts than any other company. The fact that
>your friend have problems with their electrical system is unfortunate for
>them. There are over 15,000 parts on a car, if it is 99.9% perfect you
still
>have 15 problems. One thing you will find is that most electric problems
can
>usually be traced to the installation of an aftermarket, stereo, phone,
alarm
>system etc. I know of an incident where a phone was installed in an STS and

>resulted in the destroying of a Northstar transmission. You can't just tap
>hot wire anymore.

I beg to differ, in both Alfa and GM context.  My GM trucks' electrical
problems have been due to poor GM engineering: dimmer switch failure, cruise
control failure, wiper delay circuit failure, air diverter switch failure,
starter solenoid failure (twice).  My '84 Spider's electrical problems so
far have been with the heater motor, windshield wiper motor, ignition
switch, power window switches, and alternator.  And poor fuse connections.

None of these have been due to any aftermarket installations.

 -joe