Just what the heck is a real Alfa ?

Can't resist this, coming from a marque that has resurrected itself ( Audi ).

Alfa needs to appeal to the masses if it is to succeed in N.A. - not to
ungrateful cheap old farts like us. When sales numbers are good, then they
can worry about boutique buyers. Make the car fun and reliable to the average
driver.

Audi launched the A4 w/1 engine, 2 trannies, and FWD or AWD. Now there are
abt 790 combos. Same goes for the A6. It has taken 4 years to get the current
S4.

Just buy the bloody cars so Alfa will feel like rewarding us for our loyalty
with the really yummy stuff. Most people can't drive RWD. Look at all the
electronic watchdogs on a new BMW. Give me a Mini Cooper S. Even better, give
me a 147Q. Make it AWD.

A real Alfa sounds, feels, looks, and drives like an Alfa. Why bother about
the rest as long as I and the general public can have one ? The rest is just
religious bickering.

April
Come firebomb my house like a good heretic;-)
'87 Milano Verde - 215,000 miles