gearbox mount

More info on the tranny mount.  As Simon says, the 1600 Giulia Sprint mount
had the hole smack in the center and was far stouter.  This particular mount
is basically unavailable now.  So, when you use the newer style mount, and
mount it correctly with the hole near the top (think of this as a pre-load
as the rubber gets old, the trans will creep downwards), you may have to do
a modification:

When I put that new mount in, my '67 GTV developed a bad case of clutch
chatter while disengaging the clutch in reverse.  It took me x years to
discover this,  but it turns out I had to stiffen up that new rubber mount
by cramming stiff heater core tubing into the interstitial space.  The newer
mount seems to be made for the hydraulic-clutch cars that followed.  With a
mechanical clutch linkage, that mount allows to much fore-aft movement of
the engine/tran in relation to the clutch pedal and it engages/disengages
the clutch rapidly (chatters) while doing the reverse act...

Steve Schaeffer
Seattle, WA
NWARC
Portland Nationals 2000 beckons!!
July 19-23, 2000
Be there, and drive the new U.S. edition 156!!
(vicious rumor I'm starting)