Re: gearbox mount

The rubber mount for the tranny tail goes in with the large hole in
the rubber part at the top. The way to remember this is to consider
that the hole in the middle is bolted to the crossmember. The weight
of the tranny pushes the outer part down. This is somewhat counter-
intuitive. So, if you look at the metal bushing in the middle, it
should indeed be at the 6 o'clock position. The early style rubber
mount was smack in the middle, and had stiffer rubber. Why the new
one was considered an improvement, I'll never know. Perhaps it's the
first genuine GM part in an Alfa. <g>

If you put it in with the large hole at the bottom (metal part on top),
the outer part will ride too low, and vibrate like mad against the
crossmember.