Re: 105 Steering box, steering slop, et al.

Doing the R&R on the bushes could be a royal pain in the car. I'd pull it
out. If the shaft is worn, you would either have to have a new one made
and welded in, or find another box. The bushes should be available. They
have a plastic lining, and I think you have to ream them carefully to fit.
There's also a seal, which could either be an O-ring, or a regular seal,
depending on the age of the box. The O-ring can only be removed after
the shaft is out.

I guess if you have a "suitable drift" you could drive both the old bushes
out the bottom. Since I have a press in my garage, I would always prefer
to pull the unit and use the press. YMMV ;=)