RE: alfa-digest V7 #1442 - Car will not Start

> Sounds like you have an intermittent short somewhere.  I would first check
> all of your grounds and clean any connectors that you can easily reach.
You
> may want to also check the obvious and make sure the cables are firmly
> attached to the battery and have worked their way loose.  If this doesn't
> work, you have many long hours of checking the wiring in your car for a
> short.

Just as an fyi, this is good advice but I believe you're describing an
intermittent 'open', not an intermittent short.

A short is when a wire carrying voltage connects to something it shouldn't
(usually ground), which causes excessive current drain through the circuit,
low voltage, and premature battery drain.  An open is when a wire fails to
make a good contact with something it's supposed to.

Fwiw,

bs