ALfa back to US, seen from abroad

Well, with all the new wave of comments I couldn't stay out of it.
My question goes to non-american (residents) alfisti:

GM-Fiat merger worries the majority regarding the possible loss to Alfa's
true spirit.

We in America, for the most part would rather (I think) have half an Alfa
than none at all.  (Am I very wrong on this, purists?)

What do Alfisti the rest-of-the-world-over think about this?  You already
have the Alfas, now GM may threaten to soften/ruin what you have.  Do you
give a dam about Alfa coming back to the states?  If I lived in, say
Germany, I probably think egotistically: "screw the Americans, let Alfa/Fiat
stay the way it is, pure italian, I can  get them anyway.  If Johnny GM gets
his/her hands on an Alfa it would be for the worse."

Of course the economists will argue that Fiat needed a global partner
yadah-yadah-yadah., to compete in the  next decade.  But that's another
story...

Jorge
current: 74 GTV, 89 Milano/75
projected: 2002/3 GTV with euro everything, my last new car purchase.  Fiat,
you be advised, I'll keep that one for 15 years.