a 156 Selectspeed rental car anyone?

Greetings Alfisti!
    Read the posts regarding the GM/Fiat Groupe merger with interest and a
bit of trepidation.Overall good news in my opinion,though.
    If GM is indeed considering bringing Alfa to the north American market
again,they're going to have to move some cars...........GM does at lot of
this through fleet sales (to companies, rental fleets,etc.).That would be one
way for GM to generate volume on these cars.(Suzuki/GM and Daewoo/GM are two
companies that push and fight for fleet sales,Daewoo is particular is pushing
heavily for selling the Leganza to fleet buyers)
    The point is, if I wanted to generate initial sales volume on these cars,
I'd sell a bunch of 156's to the fleet markets.At $20K retail per car,the
price is extremely competitive and with fleet discounts the pricing would be
even more attractive........(This car is a "SC",or standard class rental car,
and is the most popular size of rental car.Grand Ams and Ford Mondeo/Contours
also fall into this category.)Given the better option level, more exclusivity
(in the US) and better perceived value of buying Alfas for fleet use (which
has a side benefit of proving to the US buyer their reliability beyond a
doubt) and better resale values on the alfas when retired,the 156 could make
quite a splash when it hits the US market through intitial sales to
fleets.Warranty work would be handled through the dealers, which under
warranty costs the fleet users nothing,essentially.It's a win-win situation
for the US consumer and for the fleet operators...For those on the digest who
travel extensively;which would you rather drive at the end of a long business
day,a sleep inducing Ford Contour/Pontiac Grand Am/Dodge Neon........or an
Alfa Romeo 156,with more than enough style to impress your clients,make your
heart sing with one good shift at redline and being able to write the costs
off on your next expense report?Make mine Alfa and Start lobbying your rental
car companies NOW
    If I end up getting 156's for my rental fleet;every one on the digest who
comes to my office and rents one gets Terry's super duper Alfisti
discount.Better yet, I've have one as a company car!
Terry and sharon Akins
Alexandria,VA
1987 Milano Gold (Alfie, sick with a jumped timing belt, replacing it
tomorrow on my 3rd wedding anniversiary.Wife is helping,now that's a strong
marriage!)
1979 alfetta Velocissima (Lazarus)
hoping for a fleet or rental car Alfas!