re: GM tinkering...

>Where is the proof that American ownership of a European brand ruins the
car?
>If anything the opposite is true. Saabs, Astons, and Jags are better than
>ever, and they remain true to their design heritage.

I think people are looking at how Ford and GM have completely screwed up with
their own captive imports.... Ford Fiesta, Merkur, Opels, Caddy Catera... all
of them nice cars if not for the stupid fiddling to make them acceptable to
American tastes... And then when things aren't going well they just cut the
cord. Of course Alfa can be accused of these same things in bringing cars to
the US.. as can any of the carmakers. Perhaps Citroen is one of the few
makers to bring cars in without excuses... Of course look how wildly they
sold...

Michael Williams