Re-Euro for imports

Re-Euro is the main concearn of the VW community.I think we-re rather lucky with the 164 , the way they look so close to Euro standard.More speciffic:in the '80s and early '90s, the Golfs that came to US , came jacked up 1 inch on their suspensions, and with softer springs and shocks.Then they were all cat-ed at a time when the cat was not compulsory in EU and were weighted up with crash-reinforcements US-style.All that compromised performance a lot.
As far as suspensions are concearned, one would say "just get afthermarket components like Neuspeed lowering/stiffening springs and pair them with the right shocks"
Well, i had owned a Scirocco and tried that.There is no brand of afthermarket springs that performs like the factory springs in terms of sagging over the years or corect balance between handling and damping.As one old VW guy told me: Look at the price difference between new factory springs and new aftermarket springs.My best guess is that the only solution is to buy the springs that came with the car in EU.
Hey, i'm glad Alfa is back.I think they will do just like the others, which means 1 or max 2 models of each range.So, what is it gonna be?
156 Turbo, or V6 or Selespeed or awd?
Maybe they should ask the digest...
Vlad
'91 164L