Series four Ground effects Repost

With all the exciting news about Alfa's Possible return, I would like to ask
what may seem a mundane, yet important (to me) Question.  Didn't get a reply
last time.

Has anyone taken the plastic ground effect that runs below the door off
their Spider??  I'm re-painting mine, and would like to address the rust I
know is eating my rockers on the other side of this plastic piece.  The
manuel shows only four srews below and one on each side.  I have already
reoved these- but the thing doesn't move.  I don't want to muscle it too
much for fear of cracking it.  Can anyone offer advise, trick to getting
this thing off?

Thanks in advance

Oscar
Indianapolis- Can't wait for F1