ALFA!!!! :)))))

Listen to this brilliant news Alfisti!!!  Forza Alfa, Bravo Agnelli
and Paolo Fresco!!!
- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GM's Wagoner underlined the fact that the accord had been arrived
at rapidly.

     "We've been working hard on this for only a few months,"he
said."

     DaimlerChrysler had been a rival suitor for Fiat.

     Fiat Chairman Paolo Fresco, calling the deal "an historic
alliance and partnership," said that GM
will be a competitor on the market but an ally in cost-cutting.

     The accord would enable Fiat to be more competitive at a world
level. "This is an important step
for us because it refers to the core business of our company.

     "We are offering our shareholders further confirmation of the fact
we want to grow and keep
our fate, our destiny, under control," he said.

     Fiat CEO Paolo Cantarella, emphasising the innovative deal,
said the two companies "are
competitors and will remain competitors, but are allied in
decreasing their costs and offering better
service to their customers.

     He added that he hoped the Alfa Romeo would come back to
the United States.

     "Alfa Romeo has a historic relationship with the U.S. We will
concentrate on Alfa Romeo first,
then who knows."