Who bought their alfa(s) new?

> From: Italiacars@domain.elided

> Here is a question and see if people will answer honestly. In the last 10
> years that Alfa sold cars in North America 1985 - 1995 how many people on
> this list purchased NEW Alfa Romeos? Used don't cut it. Stand up and be
> counted, you did your part to keep Alfa in North America.

Well.... while I didn't... I didn't have choice either.

I bought my Milano gold while I was in college. It was the car made me
becoming an alfisti, and to me it was the greatest thing on earth that
I could afford and bought for myself! (and virtually made me close my
bank account.... that was every penny I had in bank, plus a few
hundres of late payment to the PO :)

Coming out of college in 93 I ran into resession.... By 96, things
were getting better and I immediately bought another Verde. Never
thought of buying a new car..  ANY new car at all.

Last year, I was doing good enough to add 164LS to my garage without
downgrading my financial strengh. By now I am fully qualified to buy a
164 new, only if alfa's still here.

So.. not all alfisti are cheap and buy used alfas only, some times
life makes that impossible and we do whatever we can to get our hands
on alfas :)

Jess <--- happy alfista with 2 alfas
88 verde :) :) :)
95 164LS :) :) :)

Viva Laguna Seca! Viva Willow Springs! :)