spider won't start

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
From: Nancy Barnes <naneb@domain.elided>

I have an 88 spider graduate. It has been working great and now all of a

sudden it won't start. The starter trys to start but it won't turn over.
We
replaced the fuel pumps and the fuel filter. The car just had a valve
job
done so we know there is compression. The distributor and coil are both
new
and there is a spark. There is fuel to the engine. But, for some reason
it
will not start. It sounds like it is going to start and then it doesn't.
Oh
yeah, the fuel relay and the fuse are both good too. I hope someone can
help me. Thanks.
                                     Nancy Barnes
                                     naneb@domain.elided

Did this no-start problem occur right after the valve job? If so,
perhaps the valve timing is off due to an error in reassembly.

Although there is fuel to the engine, is it getting to the combustion
chamber? Could there be a fault in the injection system -- airflow
meter, wiring, cold start injector? After the valve work, was all of the
tubing and ducting reconnected? Particularly the large air duct from the
airflow meter that passes over the engine. If this duct is not
connected, the engine will be getting a REAL lean mixture.

Paul Rollins