Audi TT v GTV V6

I didn't particularly want to kick off a fight over my comments on the Audi
TT, I was stating some facts along with my own opinion of the "styling".
However, a few words in defence of the strange criticisms recently seen of
my comments on the digest.
Bradley Artigue.. Do you work for Audi/VW by any chance? Or own one? Yes, I
have driven the new GTV (new as in not Alfetta GTV), including the very
latest 3.0. The 3.0 24V 6 speed with aero kit, on sale in the UK in January
1999, counts as pretty new in my book if not in yours. OK, based on a 1995
design, but still in so many people's eyes as beautiful today as when it
came from Walta Da Silva's pen. I also think that the X1/9 was a great
little machine, it's such a shame FIAT didn't develop it further - after
all, several million mark 1 Toyota MR2 drivers cannot be wrong! Copy, or
what?
I also have a great deal of respect for the great Audi and German
engineering in general. The Audi Ur Quattro in particular was a superb
machine and their current cars (in general again) are quite excellent. A bit
dull, but excellent. Also, Bradley, I do not remember quoting the British in
my message at all. Don't knock British engineering solely on the back of a
few duff Jags & Rovers sold in the USA. Here's a few British engineering
names to consider: Reynard, Lola, McLaren, Williams, Jordan, Lotus, Aston
Martin, Cosworth, Ilmor.... shall I go on?
Andy Kress knocking European drivers: Come on please, the argument is really
unfunny. If I was a relative of one of the dead drivers of a TT I would be
more than a little offended by your inference. I'd say that there was more
than a fair chance that they would have driven at over 100 mph on a
de-restricted Autobahn prior to owning a TT, don't you? The car has a
fundamental design problem as admitted by it's manufacturer. FULL STOP.
Lets stop the Xenophobia please. As for styling, each to their own and I
admit that it would be a dull old world if all cars looked the same.

Cheers

John G
Leicestershire UK, (Europe).
146 ti