Alfie gets dim,shock suggestions,milano power window regulator needed

Greetings Alfisti!
    I vaguely remember either some digest posts or web addresses for sites
regarding putting higher wattage headlight bulbs in a Milano.Could anyone
refresh my memory regarding this subject?I'm asking because Alfie, my beloved
138k Milano Gold's headlights have never been very bright and I'd like to
change them to higher powered bulbs if it is safe to do so.I seem to remember
that the factory did a modification to the wiring for the lights (added a
resistor to the wiring perhaps?)in some of the later '87 cars,but how does
one tell if the modification has been done on a particular car?Can someone
point me in the right direction?
    I'm also in need of front and rear shocks for Alfie,the rears seem to be
particularly weak.(Guess I shouldn't carry my toolbox around in the trunk,
huh?)I want a better shock than stock;but do not want to spend $400 on a set
of Konis.My '79Velocissima, Lazarus has them and they're great!!!!but Lazarus
is going to the paint shop shortly and cost is a concern...Basically I want
the most shock for the absolute least amount of money (at this point).I'm
wanting to re-do the suspension bushings at this time as well and want to go
with the SuperPro  bushings that Alfa Bill sells.Any suggestions on the
shocks?
    Finally, I wanted to see if anyone has a used power window regulator for
the drivers side (left) for a Milano for sale.Mine lets the window go down
about 5 inches and then starts an annoying "gggrrrrrr" sound.I assume that
the cable is shot.Please email me off post if you've got one for sale.
Thanks,
Terry and Sharon Akins
Alexandria,VA
1987 Milano Gold (Alfie,unconsciously swaying to it's own beat in tight
corners)
1979 Alfetta Velocissima (Lazarus,annoying my neighbors today when I re-timed
the car..at 5000RPM with the exhaust pipes removed.I'll Teach them to play
loud music late at night..............
lots of rental cars,no employees to rent them.Anyone need a job?Email

End of alfa-digest V7 #1434