Alfa Returning to U.S.

I don't think safety and emissions are the only problem.  If I recall, an
interview published in one of the U.S. magazines before Alfa pulled out
stated that the new Spider and GTV were designed with U.S. compliance in
mind.  Alfa had yet to decide what to do so they kept their options open.
Of course, designing the cars to pass the tests and undertaking the tests
are two different things.

The real problem was that they did not sell enough cars to make it
worthwhile to stay in N.America.  Lets face it, as good as the 164 was, it
was not enough to keep a distributorship going.  I think in the last years
they only sold 10,000 to 15,000 vehicles per year (maybe less) and their
target was over 100,000.

Regards
Kim
79 Spider, just waiting for spring.

Centre for Economic Analysis - Canada Inc.
http://www.home.istar.ca/~boydell