Re: Hard Latching Top

Bob is exactly right.  When I had a new top put on the old spider the
installer told me to keep the top up for 3 days after installing.  This
allows the top to stretch and provide the right tension.
I also think the wires in the top are only to seal the top fabric against the
window edge to keep out rain, etc.

Jerry in Houston