Re: Rattling Spider Thread...(and Digest etiquette).

Well, my only reply would be to say that it sort of depends on how good your
ears are. ;=)

Seriously, when MY resonator does its typical thing, I can tell pretty well
that's where the noise is coming from. Perhaps the "modern" cars insulate
things well enough to make it more difficult. If the noise isn't coming from
the "resonator", then as you point out, it does get difficult.

As I have also pointed out several times, it's awfully difficult to diagnose
a car by email!

Peace,

Simon

Hal Taylor wrote:

> Simon,
>
> On re-reading my post, my tone sounds a little patronizing.  I didn't intend it to
> be, and apologize if it seems that way to you.  The spider-buzzing thing is a
> frustrating issue for me, as mine is not yet quite resolved...
>
> I appreciate that you were helping Carlo, as you've helped me, in the past.  I
> just wanted to make sure he didn't jump to an erroneous conclusion.
>
> Just thought I'd send this off, before I inadvertantly created any bad blood...
>
> Hal Taylor  (Trying to promote harmony both underneath my car and on the digest)
>
> Hal Taylor wrote:
>
> > Simon,
> >
> > While your little listening test will certainly help to confirm if the noise is
> > coming from underneath the car, it will unfortunately NOT verify that any
> > undercarriage buzzing is coming from the "resonator" (catalytic convertor, in
> > this case, as you correctly note).

End of alfa-digest V7 #1415