Re: radar detectors

They are a boon, and definitely help to keep your money in your pocket - not
the states, or worse, your insurance company's.
However, be advised, they are not a Romulan cloaking device.  It is too easy
to get complacent and rely on your detector to save you from all "detection".
 The last time i got pinched was by laser.  And I hate to admit it, but the
times before that were by a Pohleecman "observing" me.  The detector just
helps to eliminate the easy ones - which is a good thing, its just not the
only thing!  Some protection is better than none, and the detector will help
shift the odds a little more in your favor.
Good luck.

Andy