Radar detectors sub Valentine 1

I have used a Cobra and a Uniden, both models are whatever they sell for
about $180U.S. Each of them was highly rated by some magazine test or
another, and each has served excellently---when radar was turned on.

The trouble is, most of the police in this area, the Pacific Northwest, use
instant-on radar.  If they happen to pop someone in front of you, you have a
warning.  If you're in front of the pack, woe be unto you.

The only common threat they are effective against around here, is the Photo
Radar Vans. They are constantly on, as far as I can tell, and give fair
warning if you are listening.  I wasn't.  But nothing has come in the mail.
(Did anyone else read "1984" when it seemed like the future?)

War is peace
Freedom is slavery
Ignorance is strength.

BB can be doubleplusetc.