Re:seat belt rewebbing?

Andrew asked whether mail order places like Summit would help to renew a
seat belt for old Alfas. Maybe so, but I recently had to repair a backpack
and the local shoe repairman turned out to be the place where I had it
done. It cost me all of $5 to sew the buckle back on to the existing
webbing. You can pick up replacement webbing at a number of places,
including backpacking supply stores or at the local Pep Boys (comes with
generic seat belt hardware). Take the parts to any shoe or leather repair
shop with a heavy duty sewing machine and heavyweight thread and you'd be
there!

Mike Grace
74 GTV
Santa Barbara, CA