Seat belts

In V7, #1409, Luke Kowalski said:

"I found a place in Texas, with people's help, but it
was a little pricy. In my case, it was going to be
$110 a belt. I can probably get good used ones for
less. I think it is a lot less if you just do the lap
belt."

DO NOT GET USED BELTS. Even if they haven't been
"used" in the sense that they've actually had to save
someone's bacon in a collision, you don't know what
environmental stresses, abrasions, possible cuts or
anything else the fabric may have been subjected to.
Even the best nylon will degrade and lose its strength
and flexibility over time, as it's exposed to
sunlight, heat, fumes, and the normal stresses of
regular use.

Non-retracting lap/shoulder belts from JC Whitney are
around $40 per set, so $110 per belt for refurbished
originals sounds damn reasonable to me, especially
after listening to you guys speak blithely of spending
crazy money for a set of cool wheels. I'll run on
stock rims if I must, but me and my sweetie are gonna
be belted in with the best we can get.

Will Owen
Nashville, TN