From: owner-alfa@domain.elided [mailto:owner-alfa@domain.elided]On Behalf Of Jay
Negrin
Sent: Thursday, March 02, 2000 12:55 PM
To: Peacewar@domain.elided; AlfaDigest Submissions
Subject: radar detectors

I think that someone answered quickly enough that the Valentine detector
was considered the best on the market right now.

I have another question regarding cordless units.  Are there any that
are really worth their salt?  i don't want to rewire the Alfetta
cigarette lighter just to run a radar detector for occassional use.  I
seem to remember that Escort (originally designed by Mr Valentine, if I
remember right) had a batterry operated model called the Passport.  Am I
right on that?  Is it still being made?  Is there another brand  that I
should consider?  I should mention that money is a consideration.  I'm
not cheap, just vlaue-concious.  Yeah, that's it.

Thanks group -

Jay Negrin
ARO So Cal
LA LA Land