Selenia

With all this talk about synthetic vs. regular oils and the pros and
cons to switching late in a vehicles life I have some questions. First,
my understanding is that Selenia is a synthetic/regular blend. Is that
correct? And since Selenia is no longer available, what is a good
brand/type to switch to and avoid messing up the film created by the
specific chemicals of the Selenia? My Spider has 36,000 miles and has
been on Selenia its entire life. I'm thinking of switching to one of the
blends from Castrol or Quaker State to keep the chemistry as close as
possible BUT I would prefer to switch permanently to Mobil-1. I realize
that it's the detergents/etc. specific to the brand that form the
film/seals/etc. but I figure staying with a similar blend may help.

Any thoughts?

Sid
91 Spider Veloce
ITSAFUN