Alfa Romeo logo use

Fiat is within its legal rights to insist that its trademarks be used only
with their permission, however inarticulately the message was conveyed.
After all, the mark itself has great value (otherwise would we use it?).  It
is eminently true that in trademark law, the axiom is "protect it or lose
it!".  Blame the lawyers if you like, but that's been the law for many, many
years.  At the every least, folks, when we use the actual marks (e.g., the
shield, the serpent, the script) it wouldn't hurt to put a note at the
bottom of the page referencing the fact that the marks are the property of
FIAT.  Colin should probably simply ask for permission to use the mark, with
appropriate attribution.  If Alfa refuses to grant a license to use the
marks, then heap approbation upon them as appropriate!

Bill Bain
'83 Spider  -- See y'all at Roebling Road!