RE: alfa-digest V7 #1404, Re Bill Harkels Post

<snip>
> a resolution.  Remember the discussion we had going a while back about
Alfa
> Racers with Joe Carbaccio, this sounds the same to me.
<snip>

While Joe C states that Alfas shouldn't be on the same high speed track as
F40's, others on the digest accuse someone else of being a girly boy for
considering Miata seats for his Spider.  We chastise Joe for considering an
Alfa a lesser car than a Ferrari, yet it's ok for us to dump on Miatas or
other lesser cars.

I think, performance-wise, there's less of a difference between an Alfa
Spider and a Miata than there is between the F40 and the Alfas Joe was
worried about.

And is the tone of calling somebody a 'girly boy' any less offensive or rude
than a cease and desist order?

For the folks from ARDONA, and perhaps Joe C, maybe English is not their
first language?  I'm pretty sure I've offended some Europeans
unintentionally myself..

Just something to think about.  I hope Colin has success in dealing with the
folks from ARDONA.  I hope the folks from ARDONA will realize that there are
a lot of informational web pages that are a true service to the marque, and
that it is in their best interest to support them (or at least tolerate
them).

Personally, I think they should be watching places like EBay - seems like
there's a lot of unsanctioned Alfa stuff being sold there..

Fwiw,

bs