painting cam cover

<< Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 13:00:17 EST
 From: Vilejidiot@domain.elided
 Subject: paint on cam covers

 Anyone with experience painting the Alfa script that exists on the cam cover
 of a 105 car? Any tricks? Special paint? Sign paint? Heat resistant? >>

(tongue-in-cheek) Be careful - ARDONA might be watching and not like the
color you choose.

Use a foam brush and any "automotive engine" paint ought to work just fine -
found at the local autoparts places here in my neck of the woods.  I've
painted all sorts of cam covers with Eastwoods crackle finish paint (spray)
and used off the shelf paints for other "things" in the engine compartment.
I bead blast the covers and apply the paint to the bare "blasted" aluminum.

Ben Higgins
Galveston, TX