syn oil; logo legal

In a message dated 02/28/2000 6:22:48 PM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< Which implies that your 164S has been running substandard oil for
 some time.  (This can be verified by checking the service interval in the
 owner's manual.  If is say that the service interval is 3000 miles, the car
 was delivered with organic oil.  If it says that the service interval is
 7500 miles, it was delivered with synthetic oil.)  >>

No oil expert I... but I did come across something unexpected in the shop
manual for the USA 91 Spider: the oil change interval per the factory appears
to be 10,000 miles, not at all what I'd expected... and I'm still sticking
with my usual schedule of changes at 3000 miles.

What do you supposed prompted the USA distributor to make a complaint about
the use of the Alfa logo on someone's web site?  Someone suggested it's a
joke, but I doubt that.  Perhaps they're trying to clean up any possible
infringements on the brand name(s) as part of spiffing it up prior to selling
FIAT auto group?  I also believe that there were unexpired contracts having
to do with the ill-fated deal with Chrysler in the USA some years ago which
are just now running out, perhaps putting them in the clear to get something
new going.

Charlie
LA, CA, USA