Re: RE: use of Alfa Romeo Logo

"Kraft, William" <William_Kraft@domain.elided> WROTE:
>First let me state that I am not knowledgeable about the usage of company
>logos, such as the Alfa Romeo badge on a web-site.  However, from the looks
>of the e-mail that you received, I think someone is pulling your leg.  First
>of all, any communication from Alfa Romeo would probably come from the
>"auto.fiat.it" domain, not "alfaromeoinc.com".  And the grammar (mixed use
>of capitalization) of the e-mail is not in the professional manner that you
>would expect from a large corporation.  Also, I have seen MANY items with
>the Alfa logo, so there is obviously a way to license it's usage, yet this
>person made no attempt to tell you how to obtain a license agreement.  The
>only thing I would NOT do, is grab and use ANY graphics from the actual
>"www.alfaromeo.com" web-site.  These graphics appear to be copyrighted by
>"Com.e" (the designers of thier web-site).

I agree with Bill here.  It sounds like a joke to me.
My site if FULL of cars and motrcycle logos , and I never had any trouble.
At least
here in Italy.
Moreover, Alfa romeo sever is "ALFAROMEO.COM" and not "ALFAROMEOINC.COM".
Indeed if you point your browser to "http://www.alfaromeoinc.com/"; you'll
se a weird "under construction" page.
Another thing is that italian companies could be "SPA", "SRL" ... but
surely not
"INC", that's the american for "Incorporated". There's no XXXX Inc in Italy.
So, OR this is a joke, OR Alfa Romeo Inc is the new American Importer :-)  or
another company used this name for whatever. Alfa Romeo isn't a trade mark
in USA,
because it isn't exported there since MANY years ago.

Luca

nodoubt,
937 landpilot
A lifetime isn't enough