Re: Milano Stereo Wires

Peter,

The most important wires in the dash - and they seem to be consistent
across the
umpteen Milanos I've come across :-) - are:

Pink (two wires) = +12V all the time
Black (two wires) = ground
Red = +12V with ignition switch in "Run" position
Blue with Yellow stripe = power antenna/amplifier signal

There is one more wire in that loom, blue+white I think, for night
illumination
(+12V when the dash lights come on) but newer stereos seem to ignore
this
feature, and illuminate the buttons the moment the ignition switch is in
the
"Run" position.

I don't remember the speaker wires off the top of my head, but it's easy
figure that one out.  One row of blade connectors are ALL negative
connectors.
Simply set your head unit to Front Left, and test all the connectors
until the
front left speaker comes on.  Then move to Front Right, and so on and so
forth.

I've tried to look for replacement AMP connectors for that part of the
circuit
but so far have been unsuccessful.  I've been getting them from wrecked
Milanos.

Nizam