Re: alfa logo hassle

In a message dated 2/28/2000 3:42:50 PM Central Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 16:31:19 -0500
 From: "Colin Verrilli" <verrilli@domain.elided>
 Subject: use of Alfa Romeo Logo

 I received the following email in regards to my 164 site. Be warned!
 I didn't really appreciate the threatening tone and I don't understand
 the logic of enforcing the logo thing for a site that is so obviously
 not-for-profit and not associated with Fiat Auto.
 Anyway, the logo is now removed... >>

I work for a company that tightly guards our logo.  Somebody from our Legal
department explained it this way.  The way the law works, is if you don't
vigorously stop every unauthorized use your company gives up all rights to
the logo.  Obviously something Alfa cannot allow to happen any more than my
company can.