off-idle stumble

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@domain.elided>

For a while now, FrankenSpider has had an intermittent part-throttle
stumble. It runs gangbusters 95% of the time, then will get into a
period of part throttle bucking and jerking around, clear it's throat
and run gangbusters again.

Remember, it's the '82 Bosch EFI engine. I've checked wires, plugs,
EFI connections, had the fuel filter changed, checked fuel pump
output, etc. Everything seems right on the money. I've put fuel
injector cleaner in the fuel a dozen

Check the air-intake hose that runs across the engine from the air
filter box to the intake plenum. It should be clamped firmly at each end
and have no cracks or holes. When you accelerate, the engine rocks,
stretching the hose. If it is loose at the connections or has flaws,
these will open up and allow air in. Being downstream of the air-flow
meter, the extra air will lean the mixture.

Paul Rollins