will synthetic oil damage my spider?

Here's my view, for what it is worth.

Synthetic oils should not be used in engines that have clocked up the miles (or
kilometres).

And they should be used in turbo engines for the extra protection that they offer.  It
is expensive though!

I started using Mobil 1 in my Maserati BiTurbo when I bought it with < 60,000 kms on
the clock, and am still doing so at > 100,000 kms.

I put "normal" multigrade Mobil into my Alfa Romeo 33 with 175,000 kms behind it.

I think that it was the NRMA (a motoring organisation) or maybe Choice? (a consumer
organisation) here in Oz that tested oils of all sorts.  They included the noname stuff
that K-Mart and Woolworths sell for less than half the price of the "regular" priced
Mobil etc oils.  They found that ANY oil was so good now that so long as you change the
stuff when you are supposed to, there was little point in buying a brand name oil.
Hmmm.  I still buy brand names!  Is this the power of advertising?

BdH
Canberra
Australia