RE: chains

>From: "Jorge Mazlumian" <jmazl@domain.elided>

>About the Milano in the snow, I was thinking.  Next time I go up the
>mountains, if I can get real snow tires (see recent posts), I'll just drive
>along since nobody knows if it's 2 or 4WD.  And if the piss officer stops
>me, I'll just pull those ugly chains out of the trunk.
>Jorge

I've wondered if the Caltrans guys know what does and does not have 4wd
particularly now that it is available in many cars. Especially for something
semi-exotic like an Alfa - what are the odds that a random person could say
anything at all about such a car. Just stick a 'quattro' or AWD
sticker/badge on the trunk and see what happens. But be careful not to spin
the rear tires on takeoff, that will give it away.
Greg