timing marks/crank pulley MYSTERY

    Hi all !

I would like to thank to anybody who responded to me with regard to
timing marks.
There are some things I do not understand. I went to see twice that I am
not wrong.

Identification of exact TDC is important for ignition timing. How can I
identify
TDC position ?

I tried to measure piston distance through the spark plug hole
with "Schublehre" - exact to 1/20 mm but the top of piston is not even
so
this did not help.

Is my crank pulley normal ? Is it possible that wrong crank pulley was
put on my engine ?
Or that it was mounted in wrong position ?

1. There is definitely no M mark on this crank pulley.
2. P mark is coming FIRST, F mark is SECOND (I pushed the car forwards
in 4th, crank pulley
    was turning clockwise). Ignition point is before P

My engine is 2-litre type 6212 from Alfa 75.

Crank pulley has 3 grooves. Two are the same in appearance and not used
and one (closest to the engine) is driving the belt.
What was driven by the unused two ? Power-steering ? Air-conditioning ?

Thanks,

- --
Juraj Lanyi, Slovakia, Europe (Wild wild East)
jlanyi@domain.elided

85 red AR116.50 Giulietta, 1600, 140tkm, no mirrors, no rear bumper
84 red AR116.50 Giulietta, 2000, 196tkm, 1 nice mirr., ugly rear bumper
82 brown FIAT 131 Supermirafiori 1400TC, 155tkm

End of alfa-digest V7 #1390