RE: speaking of tops

>> I was wondering if anyone could top (no pun intended) my  RAISE and LOWER

speeds. my LOWER is about 40 mph... Coming off a freeway exit.
my RAISE is Probably about 20 mph coming to a light probably before parking
the car. Please no comments on how bad this is for my top or saftey of
others on the
road..
<<

IMHO, this is one of my *favorite* things to do while on a road trip,
especially after passing through a rainstorm... Why pull over to lower the
top?  With passenger assistance I'm sure I've done this at 55+ MPH.  The
only trick is to hold the top down via the center handle to allow the
latches to properly disengage.  Also make sure eveything in the car is
firmly affixed (maps, money, cups), because the wind effect is a bit
explosive.  And you get the most amazed looks from SUV drivers, etc... (no
flames please)

BTW, this is yet another reason to own a Spider: no safety interlocks to
prevent one from lowering the top unless stationary.

And, speaking of fun things to do in a Spider, did I mentiond I've found the
Alfa 2 Liter motor to be a wonderful appliance for cooking?   See
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0375751408/qid=951488404/sr=1-1/102-8
626707-4540033

Regards,
John A. Legelis