Heater output/power windows

Just to clarify the point - no, my fan didn't miraculously come back to
life, it's still hibernating.  I didn't touch it during the power window
fix, but when I took the car back out afterwards I had (and still have)
abundant heat in the footwells, something I'd not enjoyed previously.  So my
more serious guess is that either some air had been trapped in the system
and just worked its way out, or that the notorious seals in the heater valve
decided (on their own) to relax a bit and let some hot water through for a
change.

Gotta love El Nino or La Nina or whatever weird weather effect it is we're
having just now.  LA gets tons of rain, up here in Seattle we have day after
day of perfect, sunny, top-down Spider weather.  This IS still February,
right?

John Conway, very many congrats on your new Spider, and on your "top-down
because one simply has to do it" approach!  We ragged idiots have to stick
together, y'know.  And freeze together, too, apparently; let me know
off-Digest if you need any guidance on removing the door trim and looking at
the window mechanism.  Recent experience, etc etc.  But no guarantees that
it will do anything for your heater output.

Jon Inge
86 Spider Veloce "Arturo"
Edmonds WA